Sample Database Version

Mar 10, 2011 at 1:20 AM

First, thanks for putting this great sample together but is it possible to provide either a SQL 2K8 (non-R2) or a 2005 sample database?

Would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Developer
Mar 19, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Hi Dave

When I get a sec Ill try and script the database out rather than a backup, although it may take a long long while to run

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Thanks...and great job...been checking out the code in the time being.

Dave

Apr 25, 2011 at 8:40 PM

We have SQL 2008 R2 Management Studio and I'm getting the following when trying to restore from the backup:

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
Restore failed for Server 'SEANKS\SQLEXPRESS'.  (Microsoft.SqlServer.SmoExtended)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: The database was backed up on a server running version 10.50.1600. That version is incompatible with this server, which is running version 10.00.4000. Either restore the database on a server that supports the backup, or use a backup that is compatible with this server. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

Can we not test this solution with SQLEXPRESS?

Thanks in advance,

SeanKS

Apr 27, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Earthware,

Thanks for the email regarding my issue above.  I had SQL 2008 R2 (Express) installed ... well, at least I thought I did.  You were absolutely right, only the Management Studio was R2.  So a quick update of SQL 2008 Express to R2 and everything works smoothly now.

SeanKS